Saturday, June 30, 2012

GOD OF WONDERS

photos by me

By far, one of the most tiring shoots. However, I've never had so much fun taking and editing these photos! Okay so why did I even take these photo? Well, Covetz sent me this galaxy skirt quite awhile ago. And I got so excited when I first saw it. I knew right away I had to attempt levitating. You know. Like going against gravity as if I were in space? :) Haha ok so honestly the 'process' of levitating is really tough. It really depends on how you sit on the chair (that I magically removed using photoshop).   Oh gosh, it was so exhausting staying in a flat position for 10 seconds until the camera clicked. I can say it was a good tummy work out though! Yay for a flatter tummy! It's unfortunate that the lighting was too dark to see the details of the skirt's original galaxy print. But if you are curious, click here to see the full skirt! 

As I was browsing through google for galaxy images, I found a whole bunch of them that took my breath away. How can something so beautiful exist?? The milky way.. the stars.. and the lights and colours! "God made all of this?", I thought. How amazing is He.. It really leaves me speechless. God is my inspiration. He's the best artist I know. 


Isaiah 40:22
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. 
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

21 comments:

  1. so magical! <3

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh these are so stunning Sue Lyn! <3 i love levitating photos (and anything to do with galaxies) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hard work paid off. these photos are really amazing. So magical, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I do think so too. I am pretty pleased with how they look! x

      Delete
  4. First picture is breathtaking! I love the lights coming thru the window and it literally glows on your skirt! The posture is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :3 thanks Des! always the sweetest comments

      Delete
  5. Oh my!! These are some amazing photographs! Truly inspirational!!
    I love the universe and stars and such. Its such a fascinating topic!!
    I recently got a galaxy skirt in the mail too!
    Thanks for visiting L&H!!
    -Britney of Lemonwood and Honey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Britney!! :)) I LOVE the galaxy. Oh man, I wish I could be way up there,.. floating about.. making friends with the stars and other planets. haha. I hope you like your new skirt! <3

      Delete
  6. How do you make that pictures!!! Awesome! Love it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Damy! :) I sat on a stool, actually, layed down on it.. and took another photo without the stool. then erased the stool using photoshop! thank you! <3

      Delete
  7. AH-MAZ-INGGGGG photos! Although I wouldn't expect anything less from you! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww Fiona!! Thanks.. your comments always make my day, SERIOUSLY <3 :)

      Delete
  8. this is amazing :D awesome!

    xo
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing pictures! and I agree, how could any artist compare as they are only replicating what God already created? really pretty blog, thank you for stoping by mine earlier

    http://mrsadvocat.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing photos+love the galaxy edit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of using levitating and galaxy! it inspires me a lot <3.

    ReplyDelete